Thursday, January 27, 2011

Death of a Tube of Toothpaste

 


Since December 31st (2010), I have been drawing a short comic strip everyday. So far so good! Most of these are inked, although I thought I would leave this one penciled. My one regret is that I decided to use the paper from a drawing pad I had and not use a slicker pad of marker paper for these. The result is that most of the inks bleed too much. This is really pronounced as each panel in the comic strips is at most 8 squared centimeters big (or small!).

The idea for the daily strip was not inspired by any of the 365 movements out there on the web; funnily enough I didn't even know about those until after I a few weeks of doing these cartoons! Instead, the idea comes from me trying to encourage myself to draw more. I find that through doing a daily strip (this sound dirty...), I focus more on my surroundings to look for inspiration. It also forces me to hone the craft of sequential art. Hopefully by year's end I'll have a nice size volume of sequential art and have noticeably improved my ability to tell a story through art! Wish me luck!


I don't know if I want to upload all of them as it's a lot of work and really don't know how good they are. So let me know if you would like to see more.

No comments:

Post a Comment